These potatoes taste best when cooked in the juices of the meat with which they are served, and should be halved because they then absorb more juice.
* 3 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
* 1 teaspoon salt
* Freshly ground black pepper
* 1/2 cup beef stock or chicken stock
* 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
* Preheat oven to 400°F.
* Place the potatoes in a single layer in a 13-x-9-inch baking dish and pour the oil over them. Add the garlic, dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste and toss well to coat with the oil.
* Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes. Add the stock, toss and bake for 10 minutes more. Add the lemon juice, toss and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until the potatoes are cooked through. Optional: preheat the broiler and broil the potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
* Sprinkle with the fresh oregano and serve immediately.
For more recipes by Kremezi visit her food blog at http://www.aglaiakremezi.com/